Pages

Friday, September 9, 2016

Getting Started. Again.

My riding plans for this year did not go as planned. Pregnancy will do that to you, they say. I'm excited to say that, finally, I'm back in the saddle. Essentially I am starting from the very beginning all over again. I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a bit discouraging.

But I have a plan! My club is putting on a Halloween schooling show next month, and that's what I'm aiming for.

If I'm completely honest, this is a rather ridiculous goal. I only got back in the saddle again for the first time last week, and was floored by the lack of physical capability. Even though it isn't as terrible as I'd been bracing myself for, it's bad. I have enough strength for a little trotting; cantering, like the number 5, is right out.

My only hope to actually make it to the schooling show? Being able to ride 3-4 times a week to build up the muscle and stamina I've lost. I'm at the mercy of Idaho weather to meet this goal, which is not a good place to be.

I took a look through tests tonight, looking for one that feels at least somewhat reasonable as a goal. Again with the honesty thing: even aiming for a passable novice test is probably worthy of a derisive snort.

But doing the impossible is what makes us mighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment